Sunday, November 04, 2012

week 16 - skipping rope handle


~4.5 inches. That's how big our little growing star is already...oy. The time is flying by!

1. There have been some BIG changes in our lives over the last couple months! Let me share.

In August, Lowell completed all his requirements to become a fully Registered Psychologist. This was such a long road, and he worked SO HARD excelling all along the way. Stable/full time/permanent employment was yet to be obtained, however... until this week. HE GOT A FULL TIME JOB AS A REGISTERED PSYCHOLOGIST! He started on Friday, and he'll have his hands full while experiencing a steep learning curve (as this position is specializing in a different area than he has previously worked in), but I have no doubt that he'll ROCK it. I am SO proud of him! Plus... I CAN GET MY TEETH CLEANED!! WE HAVE BENEFITS!!!

Slightly embarrassing side story. Whenever my parents phone us, the caller i.d. says "private name; private number" and I ALWAYS answer the phone in a spinny ditzy "ALOHA!" On Wednesday, I answered in the same chipper ridiculous way I always do when my parents call, only it wasn't my parents. It was the woman responsible for hiring Lowell. WHOOPS! I imagine that when she's more familiar with Lowell, the boss lady will be bringing up his ditzy wife and how it made her second guess her choice hiring Lowell. Hehe :)

And now for more life changes...
In September, I returned to work. I'm privately contracted (as a speech therapist... cuz that's what I do) two days a week at a preschool outside of Lethbridge. I wasn't looking for the position, and it sort of fell in my lap. I had mixed feelings about returning to work as I've never seen myself as a career woman, and always anticipated being a stay-at-home Mom (as my mama was). However, I'm enjoying this job more than I ever thought possible. My colleagues are totally wonderful, the hours are flexible, and I'm enjoying working with this new motherhood perspective. Plus, it's true what they say: it makes me appreciate my time with the Fraselton even more!

So, we both have jobs in our actual careers now... oh the novelty. Time to chip away at that dang debt!

What about Fraser, you ask? Well, that's one of the other changes! This week he started at a French daycare. That's right... 100% FRENCH! There were some tears shed... by ME. He did FINE. His smiley, happy, giggly self reportedly. It's definitely going to take some getting used to (for me), but I'm excited about his French-learning and friend-making.


So, in general. VERY blessed and VERY grateful!

2. HALLOWEEN! Fraser and Nico went as Hobbits Frodo and Sam and they were soooooo cute... right down to the hairy feet...


"It's okay Frodo. We can do this."...



Oh my. I am sure intrigued by Sam's ear...

 Delicious...


Not bad for 15 minutes and 10 bucks at Value Village hey?

We took them around to family and friends, and scored some delicious treats (that I may or may not have finished already... sorry Fraser).


PS- the whole reason Fraser didn't receive a haircut pre-Halloween was to maximize his awesomeness as Frodo, so you can imagine how disappointed I was when I realize that I totally didn't optimize the crazy hair for the pictures.... I kind of forgot about it. Dang that preggo brain!

3. We have some balloons kicking around our house, and they are with Fraser... constantly....





4. Fraser and Kumeu are buds... and Kumeu is verrrrrry patient (and/or he is receiving a deep tissue massage from Fraser)...



5. FRASER GOT HIS HAIR CUT! And it was kind of a big deal (for his mama).

Here is our shaggy haired boy before...




Cape on and ready to go....


Hang on a tick... are Nana, Auntie Chels & Nico watching and ready to entertain me? Yes? Okay then...

 Let's do this, Mom...



(Mom was a little sad to remove the locks)...


Nana is a good distractor....

 As was Auntie Chels when Nana did some fine tuning...


AFTER...

I'm such a stud....


But MAN was that an exhausting experience...


Hey wait... where's all my hair?


I have mixed feelings about this...


Buh-bye hair!!

I'm okay with it... I think I'll go play with my buddy now...


6. When Fraser and I were driving away after dropping Lowell off at work, Fraser's eyes followed Lowell, and he said "Dada" multiple times while waving. My heart totally melted.

7. EGG NOG LATTES ARE BACK AT STARBUCKS! And Lowell and I are VERY thrilled about this. It's like Christmas in your mouth. Now pardon me while I go dream about all things egg nog and all things Christmas...

4 comments :

Mama Bear said...

love that halloween costume! cutest hobbits i've ever seen :)

Anonymous said...

When documented it is obvious how many new and good things happened this week .Excellent to take note :) Fraser was a little doll getting his first hair cut I must say! And he and Nico were pretty calm, cool Hobbits!
Love,
Nana :)

Alisha said...

Congrats Lowell and Julie on the new jobs! Sounds very exciting in your household!

Anonymous said...

While you're dreaming about all things egg nog you should check out egg nog truffles at Purdy's.