Sunday, July 06, 2008

New Zealand Update


I HAVE A JOB! Last week I was offered a job in Auckland. I will be covering two maternity leave positions involving individuals age 65 and older who are mainly stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, and Parkinson’s patients. I will be working out of 2 hospitals, as well as in the client’s homes. In addition to this, I'll be doing dysphagia (swallowing) assessment and treatment a few times a month. Besides my practicum, I have not yet experienced this population, but I’m up for the challenge! Plus, I’ll be working four days a week, so I’ll have the long weekends to surf and unwind. EEEeeeeeee!

3 comments :

Dating said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like it will be a perfect fit that allows for a lot of fun! :)

Susan said...

Wow! Julie, you lead an exciting life! I am so happy for you two. Congrats on the new job...I am sure you will do fantastic. :)

Ken said...

For more information about Dysphagia visit http://www.myDysphagia.com